Ashford University Week 11 question
- 11.1 List and briefly define three classes of intruders.
- 11.2 What are two common techniques used to protect a password file?
- 11.3 What are three benefits that can be provided by an intrusion detection system?
- 11.4 What is the difference between statistical anomaly detection and rule-based intrusion detection?
- 11.5 What metrics are useful for profile-based intrusion detection?
- 11.6 What is the difference between rule-based anomaly detection and rule-based penetration identification?
- 11.7 What is a honeypot?
- 11.8 What is a salt in the context of UNIX password management?
- 11.9 List and briefly define four techniques used to avoid guessable passwords. Please write them as questions and answers