Part 1: Beta
Visit the following web site or other websites:
Yahoo Finance : https://finance.yahoo.com/
1. Search for the beta of “Carnival Corporation & plc”
2. In addition, find the beta of 3 different companies within the same industry as Carnival Corporation & plc 3. Explain to your classmates what beta means and how it can be used for managerial and/or investment decision
4. Why do you think the beta of Carnival Corporation & plc and those of the 3 companies you found are different from each other? Provide as much information as you can and be specific.
Part 2: Capital Budgeting
Before you respond to Part 2 review the following information on Capital Budgeting Techniques
Capital Budgeting Decision Methods (LINK) —– https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfZ6lznPf2U&ab_channel=MichaelNugent
To avoid damaging its market value, each company must use the correct discount rate to evaluate its projects. Review and discuss the following:
• Compare and contrast the internal rate of return approach to the net present value approach. Which is better? Support your answer with well-reasoned arguments and examples.
• Is the ultimate goal of most companies–maximizing the wealth of the owners for whom the firm is being operated–ethical? Why or why not?
• Why might ethical companies benefit from a lower cost of capital than less ethical companies?
CAPITAL BUDGETING (PRINCIPLES & TECHNIQUES) —- https://www.scribd.com/doc/37253036/Capital-Budgeting-Principles-Techniques