Oakland Community College Cost of Poorly Executed Projects Discussion
As we begin our exploration of systems analysis and design and the importance of these processes in today’s organizations, let’s begin by discussing the cost of poorly executed projects. We will soon learn that, absent solid analysis and design, many projects are apt to fail.
For This Discussion, Do The Following:
- Research on the Internet (suggestion: scholar.google.com) or use the College’s library databases, and look for articles on project failures, overruns, or outright disasters, and summarize your selected article for us.
- Tell us in what way the project failed.
- From the article, try to identify the cost of the failure (whether it was in dollars or opportunity cost or missed deadlines) and discuss the ramifications therein.
- Finally, what could have been done differently?
- use an article from 2012 to present
- use an article about a U.S.-based project
- identify the sector (industry) in which the project was being carried out
- summarize the article in 2-3 paragraphs and spend..