Read the articles:
- A Global Ethics for a Globalized World
- Virtue Ethics and Modern Society
- Classical Stoicism and the Birth of a Global Ethics: Cosmopolitan Duties in a World of Local Loyalties
- Responsibilities of an Educated Person (Links to an external site.) [Blog post] by jwood00
- Moral Education for a Society in Moral Transition (Links to an external site.)
- Decision Procedures for Ethics: DEAL Carrying on Without Resolution (Links to an external site.)
Reflect: Take a deeper look at your own life and determine which experiences have inspired ethical and moral reasoning. Were there any huge influences in this process?
Write: For this discussion you will address the following prompts:
- Explain what it means to be ethical as it relates to personal, academic, and professional growth.
- Provide at least one ethical dilemma you have encountered, and describe how the issue was resolved.
- Describe how your general education courses have influenced your ethical values.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length, which should include a thorough response to each prompt. You are required to provide in-text citations of applicable required reading materials and/or any other outside sources you use to support your claims. Provide full reference entries of all sources cited at the end of your response. Please use correct APA format when writing in-text citations (see In-Text Citation Helper (Links to an external site.)) and references (see Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)).