West Coast University Nursing Discussion Questions
Watch the following film in its entirety. The film is quite lengthy. The film has won numerous public health awards and depicts the epidemiological process perfectly and accurately. This film is based on true events and is very applicable to today’s public health crisis.
Please answer the following questions:
- Based on what you observed in the film; clearly articulate at least three factors that influenced public health policy development for HIV/AIDS prevention and control in the United States.
- Describe how the events in the video compare with the steps in the epidemiological process.
- Describe the epidemiologic triangle and identify the agent, host and environment in the movie.
- How does this film arm you in your role as a nurse caring for clients with HIV and AIDS?
- What are your overall thoughts on the movie as it correlates with the public health process of epidemiologic investigation