Bethel College Neck and Back Issues Essay & Optimal Body Composition Discussion
1. This week we studied how to prevent musculoskeletal injuries, how to improve flexibility and posture, and how to calculate body composition.
For your Unit 3 Complete assignment, write a narrative essay (minimum of 1000 words) in which you address and discuss the questions and statements listed below. Use at least three scholarly sources and remember to demonstrate a thorough understanding. Please make sure to cite your sources in APA format.
- Describe how neck and back issues can be prevented and explain how someone can improve one’s posture to prevent back/neck pain.
- Complete lab 11A and discuss your current flexibility and flexibility needs for the future by describing your current state of flexibility based on the tests, specific areas where improvements need to be made, and any exercises that you found to be beneficial and thus would like to incorporate into your regular routine.
- Complete the healthy backtest lab 12A and discuss your need to do exercises for the care of the back and neck based on your lab results. Include in your discussion whether you believe your muscles are fit enough to prevent problems, the areas in which you are most likely to experience problems, and steps you might take to prevent future problems.
- Complete the posture test lab 12B and discuss any deviations you found and describe your current posture status. Also, explain any steps you can take whether by exercises or other means to make changes to improve your posture to prevent issues as you age.
- PART II
- Various management strategies for eating and performing physical activity are useful in achieving and maintaining optimal body composition. Discuss lifestyle patterns (both diet and physical activities) that will assist with losing body fat rather than weight. Please make sure you meet the required word count (250 words minimum). You must also have in-text citations and at least two scholarly references.