American College of Education Instructional Lesson Plan
Create a Lesson Plan
In this module, we introduced the three pillars of philosophy, principles, and practice supporting differentiated instruction as defined by Carol Ann Tomlinson. We discussed how Multiple Intelligence Theory is linked to differentiated instruction. We also explored various instruments designed for identification of students’ strengths, interests, and talents.
In this assignment, you will create the instructional portion a lesson plan demonstrating differentiated instruction.
- Create a Word document for your response.
- Use APA format for the title pages, references page, and in-text citations.
- Follow the steps to complete the assignment.
Step 1. Select a previously used lesson plan or one published which is designed for whole-group instruction. Cite the source.
Step 2. Differentiate the instruction section of the lesson plan by creating 3 distinct instructional sections for the 1.) advanced, 2.) average, and 3.) struggling learners in the class.
Step 3. Reflection: Answer each question with 1 or 2 well-developed paragraphs.
- Other than using multiple instructional designs, what is difficult about teaching different types of learners?
- How do personal limitations influence instructional choices?