UCF Professional Genres of Communication Discussion
HELLO PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELLOW CAREFULLY and use academic words when wriiting. I will be uploaing the readings for this assigment
READING: PROJECT 1 INSTRUCTIONS
Project 1 features 5 possible scenarios where you must use your technical and professional writing skills to address the needs of specific audiences in the context of a workplace problem. For each of these five possible scenarios, you will need to produce 3 documents (email, letter, memo) for three different recipients.
EXERCISE DETAILS: PAD ANALYSIS OF PROJECT 1 SCENARIOS
The following exercise is designed to help you prepare to write your Project 1 Draft.
Read through all five scenarios in PROJECT 1 . For each scenario, please write a PAD (Purpose, Audience, Design) Analysis by addressing the the following questions:
- What genres of communication (email/letter/memo) would you send to what audiences. For this exercise, try to use all three genres for each scenario.
- What is your rationale for choosing these genres of communication? Why would you write an email/letter/memo for the audience?
- What would your main purpose be in writing each document? Would you have any secondary concerns?
- What do you think your audience cares about most in each scenario? What evidence from the scenario do you have that suggests this?
- What are going to be the most important document or Design features for the different audiences? For example, a numbered list might be important for an employee who you want to complete a task, a simple subject line might be useful for someone outside of your company or professional area.
This PAD Analysis should help you with your Project 1 prewriting as well as give you some insight as to how to carefully craft the documents you’ll be working with. Please submit your answers to these questions in one document.