PSYCH 106 Cal State Northridge Adulthood According to Young People Discussion
Answer questions in complete sentences
- Name the top three criteria for adulthood according to young people across cultures.
- Summarize the cultural variations in criteria for adulthood.
- Describe the ways and reasons in which people begin aging in young adulthood.
- Summarize the criteria, effects, cultural variations, and best treatments for obesity.
- Explain the benefits of exercising in young adulthood.
- Summarize the relationship between IQ scores and job performance.
- Define expertise and how it is reached and demonstrated in young adulthood, as well as its relationship to creativity.
- Describe Erikson’s stage of intimacy vs. isolation in young adulthood and its relationship to identity.
- Describe the three qualities in Sternberg’s theory of love and how they change with age.
- What are the main qualities we look for in a mate and explain gender differences that may apply?
- Summarize the cultural views of marriage, and the main objectives behind marriage across cultures.
- Describe the basic marital satisfaction pathway and what factors may help or hurt marital satisfaction.
- How are other non-Western cultures view marriage and how are those views changing with globalization?
- What are the risk factors and consequences of divorce?
- What is the most common leisure activity in young adulthood?