The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Hypothesis testing is a well-structured process that consists of several logical steps, and it aims at refining a business decision.
Hypothesis testing is a quite common technique used by researchers. With regard to hypothesis testing, answer the following questions.
- What are the steps to conduct a hypothesis test? How does a researcher determine which statistical test to conduct?
- How does a researcher determine which level of significance to use?
- What software programs can be used to compute these tests? Where is the critical test value found?
- How can one determine if the null hypothesis should be rejected?
- Give a business example on each of the three possible cases of hypothesis testing. Do you think the rejection region will be different in each one of the three cases? Why? Why not?
Justify your answers using examples and reasoning. Comment on the postings of at least two peers and state whether you agree or disagree with their views.