Loyola University of Chicago Dehydration of t Amyl Alcohol Lab Report
i am working on a lab report and I am provided a full template on how this lab report should look. I will send you the order of contents that this lab report should be. I will post the results from the actual experienent as well as the lab manual to help you complete it.
this assignment is due in 5 days.
the order is as follows:
1. Title (1 pts):Title including date
2. Objective (4 pts):Indicate the purpose of the experiment (Example: To separate the components of a dye solution using chromatographic techniques)
3. Principle (5 pts):Explain the theory behind any techniques used. If a reaction occurs write out the complete reaction. The reaction scheme should include the masses, moles, molecular weights, and theoretical yields of the reactants and products under the chemical structures. (Example: Column chromatography separates mixtures using mobile and stationary phases based on the polarities of the components within the mixture.)
4. Procedure (5 pts):Write the procedure of the lab in your own words.
5. Observations (5 pts):Note any observations from your experiment. These must be written in ink during the lab period and attached to the report when it is turned in. (Example: The color bands of the dyes within the column).
6. Discussion (15pts):Describe observations here. Explain any observations that do not agree with referenced values. (Example: Contamination of dye solution may have caused components to be unexpected color).
7. Results (5 pts):A very short statement of the results from your experiment including percent yields if applicable. (Example: 3.52 g of pure white caffeine was obtained with a yield of 73.6%).