Chapter 7 Home Environment Early Childhood Development Essay
The short answer assessment portion of each module will incorporate all of the pieces you have worked with throughout the previous sections. You will be expected to use information from our course resources in order to answer the questions presented here. You are discouraged from simply Googling the prompts as you may be directed to information that is off-topic, without appropriate context, or out-of-date. Your first resources should be our course resources!
These questions will require more advanced thinking and consideration to earn full credit. Make sure to support your answers with detail, data and facts presented in the resources, along with ties to cultural and societal influences. You should also include theoretical perspectives as appropriate. You should NOT quote anything directly from any resources. Instead, you should paraphrase using your own words, and cite the source appropriately (APA citation preferred, but other citation methods will be accepted). When paraphrasing, think about how you would explain the concept or idea to a classmate or parent. Show me through your writing that you understand the ideas, not just that you can locate the concept in a reading.
How does the home environment shape development in early childhood (ages 3-5)? Use concepts from this module and be specific as you address the following:
- Overall summary of the importance of the home environment in early childhood [5pts]
- Be sure to support your statements with information from this module.
- What are some key influences on physical health in this early childhood stage?[5pts]
- How does a family’s SES affect this specifically?
- How do parents influence identity development? [5pts]
- What environmental factors can influence a child’s intelligence test score, and how does culture play a role in intelligence testing? [5pts]