AJR Perception and Self Awareness Paper
Identify and explain the concepts of self-awareness, self-esteem and perception in order to gain a better understanding of each as well as increase your perceptual accuracy.
- Define self-concept, self-awareness and self-esteem, how they are related, and explain the ways in which self-awareness and self-esteem may be increased.
- Define perception and its stages, and explain how to increase perceptual accuracy.
- Review concepts related to self-awareness, including The Four Selves, that you explored in the textbook and in the learning activities.
- Consider the fact that an individual’s self-awareness combined with an individual’s perception of a situation often varies and differences in both can influence how a communication interaction transpires.
- Reflect on a time when you encountered different perceptions of an event or interaction.
- Address differences in your understanding of yourself in relation to another’s understanding of yourself.
- Write a 3-4 page essay that describes the event, differences of perception and defines the concepts of self-awareness and perception .