Florida Atlantic University Career in Computer Science Presentation
PROJECT: CAREER RESEARCH, REPORT, AND PRESENTATION
Students can speak in an understandable, organized, and audience-appropriate fashion to explain their ideas, express their feelings, or support a conclusion.
- Analyze audience needs and use an audience-centered approach.
- Organize content logically and provide credible supporting evidence.
- Create and deliver concise and clear messages to achieve different goals.
- Incorporate visuals in presentations and documents.
This assignment contains five parts:
1) Career Assessment Research
2) Personal Assessment Research
3) Written Report
Career Assessment Research:
For this portion of the assignment, you must choose a potential career and conduct research to familiarize yourself with its inner workings. Your research should include the following:
- Description of the career
- Industry analysis
- Job market analysis
- Discussion on how one may enter the field
- Possible paths within the chosen field
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities that are needed
Personal Assessment Research:
For this portion of the assignment, you must access/recall the results of one of the assessments that you have taken since you started at Stetson; this may include Traitify, StrengthsFinder, MBTI, or any other personality or skills-related assessment.
In your report, please describe the assessment(s) and consider how your results might contribute to your effectiveness in your chosen field. Include areas where you might need to hone your skills.
Written Report Details:
In addition to including the above research and information in your written report, you must create a report that:
1) Discusses why this career interests you
2) Identifies 2-3 professional SMART goals
3) Discusses your plans for achieving those SMART goals (or at least the first steps toward achieving the goals).
4) Explains how you plan to satisfy the Stetson ELR requirement.